Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sister Pugmire #27

Dear family,
Happy anniversary Grandma and Granpa Wells!! what a big deal. I know that´s I´m so grateful for your family marriage and the blessings it brings me.
And Happy Birthday Dee, hope you eat lots of cake, no protein shakes and don´t work out
And happy Easter to everyone. I´m learning more and more that Christ really is central to everything. and if He isn´t then we need to make changes so that He is.
Hermano Pedro (who has the worm infection) had an operation last week for the infection but he still has his foot. I noticed this week that he only has two toes and part of another one. Sorry, I don´t think I´ll be able to get a picture. We´re not teaching him any more. He isn´t really interested in learning the gospel.
We had transfer yesterday but Hermana Torrealva and I are still together. at the end of this transfer we´ll have 6 monthes together, wow! neither one of us wanted to leave our area so we´re both pretty happy. Hermana Vidal got her companion last night so she went back to her area. we´re happy that she can get back to work but sad she won´t be working with us any more. She´s a really great missionary with a sunny attitude.
Friday we knocked on a door and a women named Maria answered. She asked us why bad things happen to good people. We read 2 nephi 2 with her and she began to cry. 12 years ago her 13 year daughter committed suicide after seeing her father do some pretty nasty things. We were able to share what we know about God´s plan for us. It was a really spiritual experience. We felt grateufl that the spirit guided us to her.
Yesterday Hermana Shirley came to church with her daughters Kathy and Diana. They stayed all three hours and loved it. We felt so blessed. During Sacrement I thought about how Heavenly Father loves to bless us. Pres tells us we can´t recieve blessings when we sin. But thanks to the Atonement we can repent and be clean to recieve them.
To answer Anna´s question, its getting colder here. The rain stopped and things look greener. But the nights are cold. I need to start wearing my wool stockings.
Love you all so much and remember that you are in my prayers.
Hermana Pugmire
ps I think the photos are me with our Pincionesta and her grandson, and with Maria who owns the pastery shop we love... and is kinda an investigator.

No comments:

Post a Comment